Saturday, March 17, 2012

New York, Babe.

Hey Darlin.
 This is not even going to be a review. At all. Maybe I'll work on that today for y'all. (The Book of Shadows from UD) But on a quick note on that palate. The damn little portable speaker broke. I used it twice. ANYWAY
Since I've been away, I got to spend last weekend in my favorite place in the world. New York City. We were going for New Balance Indoor Track Nationals at the Armory. Gorgeous GORGEOUS indoor track facility. I was going to watch ma boys throw shot.  Hopefully, I will get to go. I want a really cool back pack. But New York. We stayed out of the city in Englewood, NJ. WE drove Friday night right after school then got back Monday at 1. I went to school the next day for a half a day so I could go to track practice. I was the biggest fail you could find. I packed THAT MORNING before school. I couldn't find my debt so I only had $75 in cash. So no shopping for me. I didn't feel too bad because I'm going back to the city in April with school. I won't get too much shopping in but I will get some at least. Let me share some highlights of my weekend though.
  • I went to Carnegie Deli and had the best damn cheesecake to exist asdfghjkl;'
  • Went to Carlo's Bakery. Ah. Too amazing. 
  • Had the best Falafel in THE WORLD at a vender for $3.50
  • I'm a fatty








 


We also went to the Nike store which was MASSIVE. We rode the subway many times. One time we got on the D train instead of A and were managed to get on 167th street in the Bronx.  On Sunday we visited the 9/11 memorial. It was beautiful.
I want to live there. I want to be around the people and things and air and everything.
I love New York. I fell in love the first time I went. I don't remember how it feels to not want to be there. It's not just the street Falafel either. There is always something to do there. It is a huge contrast between where I currently live.

So now it is Spring! and I seriously need clothes. Everything is too big on me and it just crazy. I need to take a trip to Tysons Corner. I want to check out H&M's plus sized line coming on this spring. Here is an article from StyleItonline showing some of the pieces.

This is just a little post letting you know I'm not giving up on this blog.
Far well for now but not for long.
Lillie.

No comments:

Post a Comment