Sunday, April 14, 2013

Favorites of the Week {4/14}

I'm not so good with "Lets do something everyday!" I can hardly have a consistent bedtime let alone update a blog everyday, or at this point every week. To make up for this I have some really awesome favorites of the week to share as well as an update/checking in post that will be up tomorrow.

Favorites for the week of April 14th:

37 People Who Are Worse At Cooking Than You: My sister posted this on facebook and I nearly pissed myself. Three pictures in and I was dying. What's really hilarious about these food fails is that most of these are things seen on pintrest or something like #1 with the rainbow cake jars. You tried.

Gollum covers Taylor Swift: I follow 473 blogs on Tumblr, meaning the BEST THINGS show up on my dash on a regular basis. The title really explains it all. You'll be singing along by the end. 

Infographic- Get More out of Google: Google is ma search engine. I don't deal with Yahoo or god forbid Bing. SO I was surprised all the ways I can improve me search. This infographic is visually interesting as well as being very informative. I'm sure this will help me next year when I have loads of papers to write.

Brooklyn Craigslist Ad Offers the Complete Girls Living Experience: I know being 16 doesn't make me the target age for HBO's Girls but I love the show immensely. 

18 Microwave Snacks You can Cook in a Mug: I'm so lazy. I'm soooo lazy. I'm the kind of the person who will take the time to boil water and make pasta but won't make the sauce. This happened yesterday. So the possibility of making DESSERTS in a MUG in the MICROWAVE is the THE COOLEST THING EVER. Will you make me one?

Same Love feat Mary Lambert- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: After listing to Thrift Shop 54 times, I ventured through their album The Heist and I really like it. This song has been on repeat for awhile because it is such a beautiful as well as having a great message. Really amazing music video as well.


39 People With Watercolor Paintings Tattooed To Their Bodies: Another one from from Buzzfeed (because I'm obsessed with the website) Watercolor tattoos are sort of mind-blowing. I understand how other tattoos work, but with watercolor ones, the design is just so beautiful. I would certainly get one of these. It's such a unique was of displaying art on your body.

Music Videos Without Music- Thirft Shop: Another internet gem. Thank you CollegeHumor.

My Canon 50mm 1.8  lens: I had a photo shoot/ senior portraits of sorts with one of my best friends yesterday and the pictures turned out excellent. He needed some legit head shots so the lens really helped get great pictures that were solely focused on him. I found the lens on Best Buy online for $108 so we went into the store and they honored the online price, SCORE!


I'm really excited to do more photo shoots with people to build up my portfolio so I'm currently doing free sessions for people I know to get more experience. Hopefully, I will also have some portrait pictures to use for portfolio when I apply to college.
I'm sure I'll share many shoots on my blog is my lovely subjects allow (Thanks Tyler!)

Until next time,
Lillie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment