Saturday, March 16, 2013

Favorites of the Week {3/16}

Sorry this is a day late, I spend last night working on yearbook and didn't want to post this at such a late hour.

These are a few of my favorite things for the week of March 16th:


CHRACHEL COOKS: french ass macarons: Rachel and Chris are adorable and they make things. *sexy hand washing*

Transgender Awareness with Kassie King: I thought this article was very interesting and helpful for clearing up confusion about Transgendered individuals, as well as commenting on the fact that information like this isn't well spread out. We are use to things being black or white, boy or girl, but never being educated that it would be other wise. 

Hating Stuff is Dumb: I'm a high school student, so I am blessed to be surround by my peers, who hate everything. So many of them a negative and it;s really hard not to bitch slap them, to be perfectly honest. Hopefully people watch this video by Emilythebravee and learn that, hating stuff IS dumb.

Cupcakes In A Can: Found this on Tumblr and thought that this looks amazing

 
THAT JUST HAPPENED: Finally, Kassie King uploaded a new video. Very exciting! It's sort of hilarious because I was using the bathroom while I watched this video, which was kind of the point Kassie was making, that she doesn't know what people are doing when we watch her videos. 

StarKid's 'A Very Potter Senior Year':  I've been watching Very Potter Musicals since they came out, so this being the 3rd and last installment of a great series, it's a bit bitter sweet. This is where I saw Darren Criss before he was ever on Glee, so it's been awesome watching his career rocket from starting as Harry Freakin Potter. My texting signature was "I<3 Darren" for a week in middle school. How romantic.

Bad Ass Prostitute/ Pirate: another gem I found on Tumblr. This girl is pretty bad ass. The link is to the Wikipedia page for more information.

My Mad Fat Diary: I've been seeing gifs and posts about this show on my dash for about a month now and I had been meaning to watch it but never got around to it. Well, I knocked out all 6 episodes in one night and left my homework for the next morning. I. Have. No. Regrets. Here is the synopsis: Set in Lincolnshire in 1996, My Mad Fat Diary follows the story of 16 year old, 16 stone Rae, who has just left a psychiatric hospital, where she has spent four months. She begins to reconnect with her best friend, Chloe, who is unaware of Rae's mental health and body image problems, believing she was in Paris for the past four months. Rae attempts to keep this information from her while also trying to impress Chloe's friends Izzy, Archie, Chop and Finn. In some ways, I really can relate to the show and have lovable characters makes it that much better. I've never reacted and became so attached to television show characters, ever. Every time something exciting happened: I stopped breathing or was breathing in reverse. My fangirl was glowing. The show really reminded me that being yourself will draw people in. You don't have to change your appearance or pretend that you don't actually like your interests. Just be yourself. Please go watch this show; it is brilliant. *The link is for the first episode but this is the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. These are all on Youtube. Enjoy* 

This gif:

Until next time
Lillie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment