Friday, March 29, 2013

Favorites of the Week {3/29}

Here are some of my favorite things for the week of March 29th:

YOU'RE ALLOWED TO SAY NO: I've been a huge fan of HayleyGHoover for years. I mean, she is the reason I streaked my hair with pink the summer after 8th grade. But with all the shit that has been going on with the Steubenville trial, I love that youtubers are speaking about it and providing information for viewers. Youtubers have an interesting relationship with an audience that is much different than a television show. It is personally produced material, so whatever they want to talk about they can. They also have great communication with their audience. That being said, Youtubers have a lot of power to influence and educate, which is a really wonderful thing considering how censored things have become in schools and how screwed up things are shown in the media. Hayley makes her points clear and understandable with no confusion. If it's not a yes, it's a no.

14 Shopping Problems That Totally Stress Us Out (GIFS): I hate shopping for clothes. It gives me a headache and low self esteem for the rest of the day. So here are 14 problems by the Huffington post with gifs to express the horrors of shopping which I can totally relate to. It's hilarious that I want to be a fashion blogger of sorts and yet I hate clothes shopping. I haven't been in the best mind set when ever I go shopping. I'll need to fix that soon.

Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charli XCX): First heard this song on the HBO series "Girls"( highly recommend) This song is just so much fun to listen to. This would be a really awesome workout song. I LOVE IT.

"Where is Matt Damon": This is a link I found on CollegeFashion but I had to share this. Basically, Erin Faulk found Matt Damon in morocco by asking people "Where is Matt Damon?" She recounts this story on twitter during the snow storm. It's excellent. Read the whole thing. 

The End- Ep. 100 of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries: It's sad to see this project come to an end, but it was certainly amazing while it was going on. I came in at episode 80 (caught up in two days) and has been watching it religiously since. If you are just now hearing about the Lizzie Bennet Diaries (where have you been?), here is the link to the entire playlist to watch from the beginning.

Actresses Without Teeth: I can't even. This Tumblr wins.

33 Unusual Tips to Being a Better Writer: From Though Catalog. As a blogger who wants to expand their blog, these tips are very helpful. Luckily, I'm in the early stages of my blog so I have time to find my blogging voice. I try very hard in every post to not over use "amazing", "exciting", "absolutely", or anything that is me blatantly stating my opinion like "I think" or "I feel." It's obvious that's what I think, it's my blog. I also need to use I less and less. Most of the best blogs do this very well. I'm working on it.

Downton Abbey: I've know about this show for awhile and I got the chance to watch it over Spring Break. I just started season two and the story has completely engulfed me. The characters are wonderful, Maggie Smith is fabulous of course, and sweet jesus Matthew Crowley is smokin'. If you are in need of good British television until Doctor Who, Sherlock, and My Mad Fat Diary comes back, starting watching it.

Life with the Hijab: Found this on Tumblr and reblogged it immediately. People assume that women who choose to wear a Hijab are oppressed but these women are fantastic examples that they are strong and independent.

International Geek Girl Pen Pals Club: I already have a post talking about this but I wanted to put it on my favorites anyway. I've always wanted a pen pal and tried to get one through tumblr but it was too sketch for me. Plus, it could be hard to tell someone no if you really didn't want to correspond with them. Through IGGPPC, I feel it safer in a way because other girls just like me are looking for the same thing. I will be getting my pen pal match up next week and I already have postcards to send to her, who ever she is! Hopefully we are the same age or close and maybe they'll be from abroad. Either way it will be an exciting experience.

Until next time,
Lillie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment